October 12, 2007 - Emily Rose

Hello friends,

The outpouring of love and support has been overwhelming! Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I realized that in my email, I never mentioned my baby's name. I'm sorry. In the original email, it was in the subject line, but that email was rejected because I tried to send it to too many people. I copied and pasted the message, but not the subject line.

If you haven't figured it out by now...the baby's name is Emily Rose.

Baby Emily is in the NICU and will remain there for a week or more. She has been having seizures and the doctors are trying to figure out the cause and also the proper medication to stop them. It is believed that it was the trauma of birth that caused the problem, but this has yet to be determined. They ran a CAT scan on her yesterday and an EEG to see what they could find. We are still waiting for some results and they are continuing to do more and more tests. The most conclusive test will be an MRI which they have to wait a few days to do. She stops breathing when she has a seizure and is on a ventilator, she will have to be off the ventilator before going into the MRI.

It is a waiting game and that is all the information that I have right now. We trust that God is in control and will not give us more than we can handle. We are ready to accept HIS will, whatever it may be.

I will continue to give you updates as they come in.

Thank you for everything!!!

Mike and Dawn and Emily




No comments: